Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 04, 2007

I Knew It Was Too Quiet...

Earlier today, while I was sitting in the recliner nursing the Guppy, I noticed that the house was awfully quiet.

In our house, silence is not a good thing. The Mermaid is a very active and loud child, and normally she is only quiet when she is either sleeping, or doing something that she knows she is not allowed to do.
I called out to the Mermaid and sure enough, when she finally padded into the living room, I saw why it was so quiet. She had colored her entire face with magic marker.
Not only that, but she had also colored in her teeth to match.

What could I do? I had to laugh and take a picture. Even though it took over an hour to scrub the marker off her face and teeth. And even when I discovered that she had used my makeup brushes to "blend" the marker in, and I had to throw them away.
After all, was it not just two days ago that I, her mother, colored on her entire face for Halloween? And we had had a lot of fun doing it as well. So, in her mind, she was just doing something fun that she had done with me a few days ago. In her mind, her makeup was beautiful.
So, we laughed, we took pictures, and we had fun washing it off. If only I could deal with ALL my messes in life the same way.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Toastqueen said...

oh my!
Yes, silence is never good!
=)