Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Night

Not much of a day today. I'm still stuck at home due to lack of a car. Currently my car: has a flat tire; has no brake lights; has an expired inspection sticker; is overdue for an oil change; and the check engine light is on.

Man, I would kill for a minivan right now.

Our plan is to trade in my car hopefully soon so we can get a van. It is so incredibly crowded with both the kids and all their stuff, and I really don't feel safe in that little car anymore (VW Jetta). We haven't gotten a van yet because of ....money.

Lack of money is why we are living in my mom's house.....why we are doing some serious budgeting for Christmas....why we have to question every purchase we make, asking ourselves, "Is it something we really need?"

Don't get me wrong, we are doing good. We've paid off a lot of our debt. And I know we could be a lot more worse off. I'm thankful that the Knight has a reliable job, that he has consistently gotten promotions and raises that helped us to pay of debt, that his hours are great and he gets so spend time with the kids.

Oh, but to be able to go out just once and buy myself new clothes without feeling guilty. Or I should say, to be able to go out and just buy new clothes!

Don't mind me, I'm just bumming today. I have to look on the positive side of things. Real Estate prices are going down. And I'm going to get a job soon, and that will help. I've applied to one company and I plan on applying to more. I really need a part time job. Wish me luck!

Tonight: my ex-step-grandfather's wake, followed by pictures and dinner with the IL's. Have a good night everyone!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: