Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Welcome, 2011

This past year certainly was a unique one.

It started out both badly and with blessings. I had new life inside me, and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new baby. But at the same time, my marriage was ending. The Knight had moved out, and I was trying my best to stay brave and calm.

The Tadpole's birth was so amazing, so special, so beautiful. And I finally had my baby in my arms. My son. Sitting in that birthing tub, holding my beautiful baby son in my arms, surrounded by people who love me, I truly began to believe for the first time the mantra I had been chanting to myself to get through the days: Everyone is going to be okay.

The Tadpole has brought so much joy and happiness in our lives. Sure, we had a rough time after the birth, with trouble latching and mastitis and colic and me trying to figure out how to be a single mom to three little ones...but we worked it out. We got through it, and there were a lot of smiles and laughter in between the tough moments.

And I wasn't scared anymore.

Then The Knight got served with the divorce papers. And he came to me and said....well, the details aren't important. What is important is that there was sincerity in his words. And so far, he has followed through with every promise. So he's living with us again, and we are slowly and cautiously, but happily, re-building our life together.

We are entering the New Year as a family who is truly blessed.

I look forward to 2011. I can't wait to see what comes next!




Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Happy 2011, Shelly! Glad everything is going well. :)

Lauren said...

Here's to a happy, healthy 2011! And again, I applaud you for maintaining your privacy in the face of an impersonal computer screen.