Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 07, 2011

This is Good

Yesterday I went grocery shopping with a two page list.

I got 98% of my groceries from the produce section. This felt really, really good.

I've been studying nutrition lately, specifically how it relates to health. And as a family, we've started the slow process of becoming vegan. Healthy vegans who get the bulk of our nutrition from nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables (and beans, etc.).

As someone who does not like to cook, this has certainly made for an interesting experience in the kitchen. But, I'm getting better. I'm actually starting to enjoy cooking. And shhhh, don't tell anyone, but it is even starting to become a little relaxing for me.

I did tell The Knight that our next house needs to have a large kitchen. No compromise there.

It's been a nice way to start of the new year. Doing something for myself and my family's health.

Any other vegans out there? Would love some tips, tricks, favorite recipes....



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Angela Power said...

If you haven't already visited www.ohsheglows.com she is vegan and a baker and makes all sorts of delicious looking vegan recipes (not just baking) and they all look delicious!

Jamie said...

Trent over at The Simple Dollar just adopted a mostly vegan diet and is starting a series on dinners with his family. His first post in the series is here: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2011/01/07/dinner-with-my-family-1-vegetable-barley-soup/. I've always really enjoyed his site, I hope that you might enjoy it too! Congrats on your healthier eating!

Maida said...

That's awesome!! I've been reading your blog for a while now but I don't think I've ever commented. I've got lots of recipes on my blog that you might enjoy, although I've been very neglectful of it lately. I don't know how you have the time to blog as often as you do with 3 young kids. I only have 2 and can't get it together. Good luck! Maybe you can start blogging about some of the food you make from time to time.

Shelly said...

Thanks to everyone who responded!! It's nice to find such great resources, I will check out all those links and Maida I will check out your blog as well. I will probably blog about the new meals I am cooking :)