Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday: I Say It's For Creativity, But Really I'm Just Lazy

This week for Tackle It Tuesday I'm going to tackle the walls.
So, here's the confession: I let my youngest color on the walls. I tell people it's for the sake of creativity, but I'm not fooling anyone. We all know I'm just lazy. Between running two businesses, homeschooling, certification and just having two young children in general, at the end of the day what it comes down to is this: if it isn't harmful and it is keeping her occupied, then I am all for it.
But, now that we are getting ready to move, I have to face the reality that we can't leave the crayon on the walls. And, it's not just on the walls. It's on the refrigerator and the furniture as well. Observe:
It's on the door ways
The Living Room walls.
The Hallways
More of the Hallway
The Armoire
The Changing Table

And the Guppy's furniture, as well. Don't my artists look so proud?

Rather than completely overwhelm myself by trying to tackle all the walls at once, I've decided to do a little at a time. Today, I'm going to tackled the fridge:

After lots of elbow grease and a little bit of help from Mr. Clean, viola:And from now on, paper only for my little artists. Next week I will tackle the rest of the furniture.
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

mama k said...

OMG! Shelly!

Sorry I am laughing over here.

Maybe you can hang a low chalk board at the new house so they can feel like they are "coloring on the walls" without the mess. LOL

Amydeanne said...

lol we used a big white board for a long time, or i got those big stripes of newspaper and taped them to the walls.. now it's just dirty fingerprints everywhere! lol good luck with the rest!

Shannon said...

Magic Erasers work wonders for this!

Anonymous said...

I am out of magic erasers, they are on my list... don't you just LOVE those things?!

Make sure you keep them away from your kids, they can cause burns!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Wowsers! They have gone gung-ho! Love it. I know when I had this slight *ahem* problem, I used WD40 - and it took it straight off (that was for oil crayons) the painted walls.

Anonymous said...

You can also try Goo Gone. I used to work at a children's museum, and that was what we used to get crayon off the walls. Good luck with your move!

Anonymous said...

That will be a hard habit for her to break.