Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oooohhhh, The Pain!

This weekend is tax-free weekend in MA. So, like most of the people who live in the state, we decided that it would be a great idea to go shopping for big ticket items, like the dinning set, entertainment center, and coffee table that we are going to need for the new house.

After running around literally all day with the Knight and the girls, from one furniture store to the next, I realized that the Guppy had not nursed all day. In fact, I was getting really engorged on my left breast, and it was starting to hurt. We decided to head to the Knight's aunt and uncle's house, as they were having a birthday party for his cousin. I figured I would nurse there.

However, once we got there, the Guppy wanted nothing to do with nursing. She wanted to play. So, depsite my increasing discomfort and pain level, I figured that we would leave soon and head home for a nice long, quiet, nursing session.

The Knight asked me to toss around a football with him. After about ten throws, it happened: he threw a perfect spiral right at me, at the same moment that I was distracted by the sound of the girls fighting. The football slammed into me, right into my already painfully engorged breast.

I don't think I need to tell you how bad the pain was. I'm sure every nursing mom who is reading this is cringing right now. Needless to say, we left then and there, my breast swelled up to the size of a watermelon on our way home, and there is one ugly bruise covering that entire side of my chest.

And it hurts.

Having the Guppy nurse on it as much as possible feels terrible, but it helping to relieve the swelling. I just have to grit my teeth the entire time she is nursing. Ice is helping somewhat as well. At this point, I can't tell is the swelling is from the football or because I am still engorged. I'm just hoping this doesn't lead to mastitis or plugged ducts. Bleh.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Toastqueen said...

ugh!
=(
Hope it feels better!