Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 17, 2007

Toxic Plastic Chemicals Found in Formula

For me, one huge benefit of breastfeeding my baby is that I know exactly what she is getting...nothing but pure, beneficial breastmilk. I don't have to worry about whether the water I made her food with is safe, and what chemicals may have gotten into the food when it was being manufactured.

The Environmental Working Group recently published a study in which they found formula to be contaminated with plastic chemicals. According to the summary:
Laboratory tests of canned infant formula conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and a certified commercial laboratory reveal that a plastics chemical called bisphenol A (BPA) leaches from metal can linings into formula at levels which, according to new EWG analyses, would expose some bottle-fed infants to BPA in excess of doses that caused serious adverse effects in animal tests. There are no government safety standards limiting the amount of BPA in infant formula.

Read the summary. Inform people of the facts. Then let them come to their own conclusions.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, just such scary stuff. Of course I love breastfeeding and am so happy that I was able to nurse all three of my boys without ever having to give them formula!

Steph