Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dangers of Animal Products

Cancer has run through my family like a sword. My grandmother died of cancer, my mom has had it, and the girls and I are at risk of getting it. Cancer has ravaged through the Knight's family. All three of his aunts died from cancer, and his grandmother also has it (and is now in remission, thank God).

So as you can imagine, one of my goals is to keep my girls away from as many carcinogens as possible. We do this through breastfeeding, cloth diapering, eating organic food, checking our beauty and cosmetic products for safety at the Skin Deep Database.

There is also one significant thing we do to avoid carcinogens, help protect the environment, and help protect ourselves from autoimmune diseases: we are vegetarians/vegans.

Every substantial, legitimate study on nutrition and health has pointed to the same thing: Casein, the protein found in milk and other meat products, have been linked to cancer. Eating meat and other meat products has also been shown to increase your chances of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and other autoimmune diseases. If you are interested in learning more, I would highly suggest you read The China Study and You Don't Need Meat.

I have been a vegetarian/vegan for about six months now. I am healthy and strong, and I have been losing weight. I am not suffering from lack or protein or calcium. And I love what I am eating.

Do the research. Read the books. You'd be surprised at what you will learn. Try becoming a vegetarian for a short time, let's say a month. You'll be surprised at how healthier you feel and how easy it is. Just try it. What do you have to lose?

The Dairy and Meat industries are some of the strongest industries out there. They infiltrate our schools through "sponsored lesson plans." They infiltrate WIC. They pay big bucks to politicians. That is why we are taught from a young age that eating meat and drinking milk is vital to our health.

We are slowly killing ourselves. And our earth.

For every 25lbs of grain, 1lb of beef is created. What if we had taken that 25lbs of grain and fed it to starving people instead of to an animal? Cattle raising ravages our land. It upsets the fragile eco systems in the environment.

Read for yourself. Research this topic and learn. Knowledge really is power.

Some examples of the power of the Dairy/Meat industry and the dangers of meat products:




Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Dirkey said...

Hi Shelly,
Read your post and my hubby and I are going to try to go Vegan for at least our dinners this week. Vegitarian for all the meals this week! Check out my blog I'm going to be posting pictures and recipe's.