Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden Geek

It's been raining a lot here lately, but I'm not complaining. It's refreshing. And, my garden loves it.

The Knight teases me because the girls have started to refer to the garden as "Mommy's outside babies." I guess I am a little attached to it. I go out every morning to say good morning and check on the plants, and again in the afternoon. I take lots of pictures of it. And when I'm outside playing with the kids, it is not unusual to hear me talk to the plants.


Oh well. I'm just so thrilled to have finally been able to grow something, I'm am completely geeking out over it. I'm already trying to see if there is a way to expand the garden next year. Plus, I can't believe how incredibly easy it has been! Square foot gardening is definitely the way to go; I've had to weed the garden only twice now, and it took about five minutes to do. Super quick and easy.


I've got plenty of fresh green in my fridge and my spinach is coming up nicely. The onions and carrots are getting bigger, and the broccoli plants are huge!

How is your garden doing so far? What is your favorite vegetable to grow?

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

I went outside last night to check and everything has sprouted! There are a lot of weeds though. I'm going to see about using boxes like you did next year. Looks great, Shelly!

Michele said...

What is the head lettuce you have? We have lots of greens growing nicely that we;ve harvested. Our potatoes are growing like weeds - and we are very excited about them - Bennett has been in charge and it was a good match. I am container gardening a lot and it has been great - everything is looking soo green.