Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 19, 2010

Pinky Swear

My dearest Tadpole,

I have learned so much from you, starting from the moment of your birth. You are both wise and innocent, and your presence has made my life joyful. My only son, I am looking forward to seeing you grow into a man.

To you, dear Tadpole, I promise:

To teach you about strength, dignity, and perseverance. To teach you about self-respect, and how to treat others as you would like to be treated.

I promise to forgive you your mistakes, and hope you forgive me for mine.

I promise to do what I can to help you fulfill your dreams and passions.

I promise to keep listening to the lessons you teach me, to look at the world through your eyes, to help you keep your innocence for as long as possible.

I promise to teach you that being a father is one of the most important jobs in the world.

I promise to teach you responsibility, yet also teach you not to live life too seriously.

I promise to show you how to find joy in the simple things: a sunset, a good poem, the smell of rain in the early morning.

I promise to do what I can to make this world a better place for your children.

I promise to show you that the world can be a wonderful place, and how to be fearless but safe as you make your way out on your own.

Most importantly, I promise to support you in any path you choose, love you unconditionally, and always make you feel welcome in my arms.

I wrote these promises to The Guppy as part of her baby blessing, and I am sharing them now.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: