Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

No Glass Bottle Would Be Big Enough, Anyway

They love it when I take out my camera. They know I only do it when I'm happy, when I want to capture a moment forever.

By snapping that moment, I feel as though I am bottling it up and saving it for later. For a rainy or stressful day...
As if I could uncork the bottle, and breathe in deep the smells of that moment, hear the sounds of their laughter again, feel the warmth of the sun shining on me through the window....
I can't store it in a bottle. But I can store it on my computer. And so, out the camera comes.
So one day, I can ask them, Do you remember that quilt I had on my bed, and how on sunny days the sunshine would brighten up the colors and make it soft and warm?
I hope with all my heart, they say Yes.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!