Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pushing Through That Wall

I had a client go into labor this weekend. She gave birth naturally to a beautiful baby girl.

My job allows me to witness the beautiful miracle of childbirth. But my favorite part isn't when the baby is born (although it is a close second).

At some point during the birth, the laboring women looks up at me and says "I can't do this."

And I put cold washcloths on her forehead, and murmur encouragement into her ear.

You already are doing it.


And then it happens: a powerful force swells up inside her, a strength that is unknown to the woman at any other point in her life...

...and she uses this force, this magical, powerful, overwhelming force, to push through her pain and worries and achieve what she didn't think was possible.

She finds the core of her strength. And she uses it to bring life into the world.

That is my favorite part.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: