Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 11, 2010

Mini Vacation

Every other weekend the girls go off to their father's house and it's just The Tadpole and I.

I really look forward to these weekends, as going from three kids down to one feels like a mini-vacation.

I sit and nurse him, looking in his eyes and letting him take his time instead of wishing that he would just hurry up and finish because I can hear The Mermaid jumping on my bed and The Guppy getting into the paints.

And time s l o w s d o w n

And we sit and play, without worrying if the girls got their school work done or what lessons they have scheduled for that day...

And I take pictures. Pictures with my phone and blurry pictures that don't come out right because it is hard to hold a baby and a camera at the same time, but I love them anyway because they are pictures of The Tadpole and I. They are our secret.

And I pick him up and he smiles at me then blows a raspberry at me and I laugh until I feel dizzy. And I kiss his feet and and hands and marvel at how they look like little boy's feet and hands and yes, I have a BOY!

And on Sunday evening, the girls get home all excited and loud, clamoring to tell me all the fun things they did at their father's. And The Mermaid asks me what The Tadpole and I did all weekend and when I say "We hung out at home" she tells me that she is sorry my weekend was so boring.

And I look over at The Tadpole and give him a knowing smile, and for a second, I swear I see him give me one back.

And yes, I am so, so, blessed.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: