Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekly Deals and Bits and Pieces

I hope everyone had a great weekend, we had a simply fabulous one! Saturday I hit the stores and then headed up to my IL's house where the girls and the Knight were manning the yard sale. We put out one small table of things and ended up making $42, not bad for selling off random stuff we didn't want, and we got to declutter the house!

The Mermaid was absolutely adorable. I took this opportunity to teach her about recycling, money, and decluttering all at once and asked her to go through her toys and pick out the ones she wanted to sell, and she could keep the money. She picked out so many that at first I didn't think she understood that what "selling" meant, but it turns out she did and was willing to let go of so many toys. In fact, I ended up putting some of my favorites back when she wasn't looking, ones that I would like the next baby to play with! She ended up making around $25, and was very proud of herself.

We spent a lot of time out in the sunshine and the girls were thrilled that they didn't have to wear pants and long sleeves under their dresses (they insist on wearing dresses every day, so I have to put them on over their warmer clothes). All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend and I got some great deals on top of it!!

Grocery Deals:
I made two trips out to grocery stores this week, both to Big Y and Price Chopper. Big Y had double coupons up to $1 in their weekly flyer this week, so I went twice to take advantage of the great deals!
First trip:
Big Y had their Light Silk Soymilk on sale this week, 2/$5. I love this stuff and buy it every week, and I just so happened to three coupons for $1 off one. Double all three coupons and with the sale price, I got all three soymilks for $1.50 (regularly priced at $2.98 each at my local WalMart).
Price Chopper was also doubling coupons this week, but only for coupons from pet manufacturers. I had three coupons for whiskers cat food, $2 off one ten pack of food. Price Chopper happened to have them on sale for $4.99, with the coupons and double coupons it came to $3.12. Those packs will last us three months! I saved 89% with this trip.

My second trip to Price Chopper, they had on sale Special K cereal with strawberries (which I buy every week) and V8 Fusion (which I've recently fallen in love with), both products on sale 2/$5. I had two $1 off one V8 Fusion, so the total came to $8, I saved 50%.

Big Y had lots of great sales this week! I got mushrooms BIGIF, apples BIGIF, Romaine Lettuce BIGIF, Frosted Flakes on sale for $2.89, and Mission wraps one sale for $3. I had a coupon for the Frosted Flakes and the mission wraps, and also for the Cascadian Farms Organic cereal I picked up. After sale prices, coupons, and double coupons, it came to $15.84 (total value before discounts was $37.68
Finally, my trip to CVS:

The Palmolive was on sale for $0.88 each, and the Toms of Maine deodorant was on save for $4.99. The Schick Intuition was on sale for $8.99 and with a $4 ECB reward with purchase. I had a coupon for the razor and the Palmolive. Total value of products came to $15.74, after coupons and $10 in ECB's from last week, I paid $0.78 and got $4 back in ECB's to roll with next week.

My "normal" grocery bill this week came to $52, and after hitting the deals to stock my pantry up some more, the total for the week came to $79.62, so I was $20.38 under budget.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: