Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Book Review: The Food of Love: Your Formula For Successful Breastfeeding


I was a little skeptical when I first picked up Kate Evan's book, The Food of Love: Your Formula for Successful Breastfeeding. After all, after all the other breastfeeding books I read, I thought that Evans would have nothing new to offer me.
Boy, was I wrong! Evans presents breastfeeding in an informative, yet funny and refreshing way. Her cartoons are hilarious and realistic, rather than the many pictures found in other books of mothers serenely smiling down at their newborns, who are perfectly nursing away.
Not only that, but she also discusses the benefits of co-sleeping, babywearing and other aspects of "traditional" mothering while at the same time presenting the information in a non-judgmental and non-biased tone. Her emphasis is on supporting all women in all their choices in parenthood.
I would recommend this book to every expectant and new mom. It makes a great baby shower gift!

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

EarthMahma said...

here is a great site:
http://www.drjacknewman.com/video-clips.asp
check it out :)

mama k said...

I'll have to check that one out. I am always looking for a good book for shower gifts that isn't too preachy. Not everyone is going to read Womanly Art cover to cover, ya know?