Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 10, 2007

Birthday Celelbration, Part II

Saturday we had a combined birthday party for both girls. The Mermaid turned three on September 3rd and the Guppy will be turning one on September 26th.

The party was a hit. Although half the people didn't show up, everyone still had a blast. We rented one of those huge bouncy things, which the Mermaid got an absolute kick out of.

In the end, it was good that not everyone showed up. It took two car trips just to get all the gifts home. That's a lot of gifts! My family is so supportive of our parenting choices, and it really showed in the gifts that they brought for the girls. They knew I was concerned about the toy recalls, so they tried their best to buy wooden natural toys, clothes, and books. My MIL and FIl even got the Guppy some wooden blocks and other wooden toys that are certified as being lead free. How cool is that?


The Mermaid also got a school desk from her MIL and FIL. She loves it. I think this kid is going to be great in homeschooling ;o)
So, all in all, a great birthday for both girls this year. You'll notice that my blog header still says that I am a mommy of a two year old and a newborn. It might stay that way for a while. Hey, this is my virtual world, and if my kids won't stay little in the real world, I'll settle for this one ;o)
The past couple weeks leading up to the party have been so incredibly busy, not to mention the fact that I am working on my new home based business. Which, so far, I love doing. So those are the reasons for my lack of posts. This week I have to concentrate on my business and cleaning out all the girls' old toys to make room for the new ones! We're also house hunting right now, so if I disappear for a few days again, have no fear, I will return when things calm down a little bit! :o)



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dirkey said...

awe the girls look so happy!
Thats great that your family is so supportive of that, I just pray that mine is as well when we have our kids!

mamamilkers said...

What great photos! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Happy birthday to both of your gorgeous daughters!!!