Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Activity: GeoCaching

I've decided recently that I want to get the girls outside more, and not just by saying "Go play in the backyard." I wanted something that we could do as a family, that would get us to interesting places and that was really fun. So, I decided that we should try Geocaching.

I signed up over at the website and on Sunday, Mother's Day, the girls and I went off to find our first cache. I picked a really easy one; for one, I didn't feel like a real hike while being 39 weeks pregnant and for another, I wanted to do something fast and easy for our first cache to get the girls excited.

The verdict? They LOVED it. They keep asking to do more. I'm so glad that they are totally into it, and can't wait to be doing more of them (hopefully soon with a baby strapped on my back :P).

Here are pictures from our first cache:



Anyone else into Geocaching? Friend me: my username is FloraMama.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so cool! I have never heard about this until you wrote about it. Do you have the basic Membership? Do you really need a GPS?

I am actually interested in doing this here, I looked it up and there are a few in our area.

Shelly said...

I have the basic membership. And you really do need a GPS. Right now I am just using my car GPS, as it has a pedestrian mode and seems to be accurate enough :)