Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Review: Mothering the New Mother

Becoming a mother is a truly powerful and transforming event. A woman's pregnancy is filled with hopeful expectations, knowledge, and preparation for the birth. With all the attention and excitement focused on the upcoming birth and arrival of the baby, often times the importance of preparing for the postpartum period is overlooked. Placksin's book, "Mothering the New Mother: Women's Feelings and Needs After Childbirth" is an incredible resource for every family expecting a baby. Filled with information, advice, and resources, it truly is a valuable guide for all expectant parents.

Click here to read more.....
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went through a very very hard postpartum period in a country where postpartum blues and depression is given little to zero attention. Some doctors will even tell you that it's all in your head and that you should "just get over yourself."

I think I was going through postpartum depression. Because it lasted for about 4 years. What aggravated the blues into actual depression was the fact that everybody was unaware of this condition and everybody was telling me to get over myself! It was so hard for me. Getting married at a very young age is hard enough. Having a baby just a year later after marriage is even harder. And when nobody understands what postpartum depression is, and expects you to be perfect the day after you give birth-makes it all a colossal mess!

I ended up saying things I didn't mean and ruining relationships with people I love.

I think that their should be a heightened effort to spread awareness GLOBALLY of postpartum blues and postpartum depression.

Thank you for your own efforts. :-)