Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It Sounds Like A Dog Kennel In Here

I did end up taking the Guppy to the doctor yesterday and she does have croup. We didn't see our normal pediatrician, we saw another doctor, who was so kind enough to examine my daughter for a full three minutes before darting back out to rejoin the birthday party that was going on. @@

Anyways, as she was walking out the door she told me that the Guppy will be fine, call them again if she developes a fever. I took the girls home and took out my trusty book, my best friend, the book that every parent should own: Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child. Are you a parent? Yes? Then go get it.

Anyways the symptons for croup outlined in the book pretty much match the symptons that the Guppy has perfectly so I'm convinced. The book gave some homeopathic remedies and some suggestions of teas she can drink that I'm going to start her on today, plus I'm going to do some of the accupressure that they recommend as well. I did some last night before she went to bed and she actually slept better than she has in the past two months. She's still sleeping, so we'll see how she feels when she wakes up. I'm going to do some accupressure and teas with the Mermaid as well, because although she isn't as sick as the Guppy she still does have some congestion and a little cough. Combine her cough with the Guppy's distinctive croup cough and it really does sound like a dog kennel in this house.

Goals for today: take care of sicky kids, stick to weight watchers, prepare for my doula workshop on Saturday, and find some way to get rid of the damn fruit flies that have suddenly infested our house!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: