Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Excuse Me, Sir, But Have You Seen My Sanity?

It's been a while.

Things have been a little overwhelming in our house the past two weeks. I had been blogging a little about how the Guppy is teething and is very clingy and cranky, and also how she is not sleeping at all.

Well, it only went downhill from there.

The Mermaid came down with this mysterious cold/slight stomache bug. It was frustrating because it was one of those ones that we simply could not get rid of. It wasn't too horrific, she was able to continue on to play and learn, but it was enough of a nuisance that she was cranky and that we missed our homeschooling and playgroups for two weeks.

Add to that the fact that the Guppy's teething got worse more than I ever realized it could get. One day this past week she was screaming so much that I was convinced she was dying and took her to the pediatrician's office. Turns out it was just her teething and lack of sleep that was getting to her. The pediatrician, at least, was very sympathetic as she explained that not only was the Guppy getting in two of her teeth on the top, but she is getting in all four of her molars as well. Poor baby, no wonder why she was screaming!

But, things have improved the last two days. While the Mermaid still has a slight cough, other than that she is fine. And the Guppy's teeth finally, finally broke through her gums so while she still has been slightly grumpy and clingy, for the most part we have our joyful, happy baby back.

I even got some sleep last night, Hallelujah!

So, today the Superbowl is on. The Knight is an absolute hard-core Patriots fan. We got ourselves some shrimp, some wine and beer, and some chips and dip and are planning on spending the night home with the girls, cheering on our favorite team.

In the meantime, the laundry has been neglected for a couple weeks and is threatening to revolt. The rest of the house doesn't look so bad thanks to the Knight in shining armour, but I've got an incredibly amount of email to reply to and phone calls to return. (If you are one of the people who called and left me a message, I'm so sorry I couldn't call you back until today. I myself hate it when my phone calls don't get returned, so I know how you feel!) I also have to do some catch up work on both my businesses and put my doula bag back together.


GO PATRIOTS!!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toby has the same illness.
I have done so much puky laundrey the past week I've had it!
Glad everyone's recovering!
-Rochelle