Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

Priorities

"Look Mommy! It's a plane!" the Mermaid shouts, pointing up to the sky and jumping with excitement.

"What? Oh, yeah. Great." I say, while scrubbing the counters.

"Look Mommy! It's a butterfly!" says the Guppy, skipping across the grass.

"Hmmm" I say, not even looking up from sweeping.

I sweep and scrub and sweep some more, and it still looks like no cleaning has been done at the end of the day. And that is just life with three small children.

But I wonder, at what point did a spotless counter become more important than sharing with my child the joy of observing a butterfly fly across the yard? Or the wonder of watching a FLYING machine cross the sky?

And why
am I still holding this broom
instead of their hands, as we run across the grass?

Because in the end, we are all stepping on cereal. But...so what?

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: