Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Down in Words

So I haven't really been around here as much as I used to. The publish button is looking mighty dusty and dingy, in fact.

Part of it is because I've started to turn off the computer during the day. I didn't want to be just home with my children; I wanted to be present with them as well. That means less time to read other blogs, tweet (my poor twitter account is neglected!) and write.

Part of it is because I've been busy. I'm trying to finish up my CBE Educator training, and really get started on my herbalist training. Add on to that the housework, the homeschooling, and the hanging out with my kids and there's not that much time left in the day.

And part of it is because I haven't really had much to say. I feel like our lives have settled into this wonderful routine. I'm peaceful. Happy. There's nothing really exciting going on right now in my life, and that's ok. I'm fine with the simple things, and there's only so much you can write about that.

I've thought about what form I want this blog to take in my life. I found myself wondering if I should stop posting in it. I haven't had the time or energy. But, I decided to keep it. I LOVE writing. I'm not good at it all all, and I don't try to make money from it, but I still love it. And seeing as I never filled out the baby books for any of my kids...well, this is their baby book. I write them their age letters here. I want them to one day be able to look back on this blog and get a glimpse of what things were like.

So, the blog stays. I can't promise it will always be interesting, or even updated. But I'm always here. Writing when I can.

Getting this fabulous life down in words.


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This sounds wonderful- that happy you are at. Would love to see you write about your days and what you do in the "ins and outs" to get to that happy! (If it doesn't take away from the happy to do so!) A catch 22!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Since you're a doula and obviously, a mother and I'm a longtime reader, I have some questions that maybe you could tie into a blog post. I haven't had children yet but hopefully will be trying to conceive in the next year. Naturally I have worries about the pain of childbirth but also find it immensely fascinating at the same time.

How do you feel about hypnobirthing, Bradley, and hypnobabies? Do you find them effective and how effective have you witnessed them in your Doula-attended births? Did you try any of these methods with your own births? Do you believe that it's possible to birth without pain? Do you think that it's an unachievable goal of a pregnant woman?

I'm interested in ecologically breastfeeding any future offspring. I was wondering if you've heard of it or have tried it and if it allows for natural spacing between children?

I noticed that you're also a knitter but also vegan. I've considered becoming a vegetarian for moral reasons but I also knit and spin, and I was wondering about your feelings on animal fibers. A lot of vegans have issues with animals fibers but the chemical processing of acrylics may not be environmentally sound either.

By the way, I've read your blog for two years and I think your family is beautiful! Please keep doing what you're doing, blogging, mothering naturally, because you're an inspiration to my future mothering. Thanks!

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Anon - Those are all great questions, I would love to write posts about them. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll be posting about those topics soon :)