Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walking For Health, Walking For Her

Once in a while, when I am particularly down and in need of some love and support, I catch a whiff of my grandmother’s perfume.

My grandmother passed away right before Christmas in 2004 after a long battle with many types of cancer, breast cancer included.

My grandmother did a lot to hold our family together. She was a funny, loving, and generous person who wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. When she passed, a lot of our family traditions left with her; it was then we realized how important these traditions, and family in general, was to her.

I’m sure everyone knows someone whose life has been affected by breast cancer. We call them mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, and daughters. We call them heroes and survivors, and sometimes they are called angels.

For the past two months, I have been walking with my mother to get in shape. Often, while we are walking, we remember my grandmother and tell fond memories that she gave us. These walks are very special to me, and great for my physical health. Now, these walks can mean even more.

BeeWell Miles is sponsoring this post because they believe they can make a difference and want to get the word out. If you are walking or running to get in shape, join BeeWell Miles and log the miles that you walk or run each day. For every mile logged, BeeWell Miles will donate $0.15 for the Breast Cancer Network of Strength, an organization that helps emotionally support women like my Grandmother, who did not have enough time to wait for a cure.

I’ve already joined (it’s FREE) and I am amazed at everything BeeWell Miles offers. Not only can you log your meals and miles, but they have a great Nutrition and Activity balancing tool, and article series on exercising by Coach Jenny, Training, the ability to map your route, and Sudoku, so you can keep your brain healthy too. Plus you can get extra support through their online community and daily sweepstakes are available for you to enter.

Let’s help BeeWell Miles reach their goal of $200,000 to donate to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength. Click here to join.

Post?slot_id=
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: