Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And I Thought We Were Done With Getting Sick...

Alas, a stomach bug hit our house yesterday. Thankfully it only affected the Guppy, but I'm always a little hyper and nervous when the Guppy starts getting sick because of her previous hospital stay.

However, in terms of stomach bugs, this one wasn't all bad. She started vomiting at 4 AM (I had already been up for two hours, thank you so much pregnancy-induced insomnia!) and kept getting sick until about 9 AM. Then she fell asleep for four hours, with me nervously debating to myself whether I should wake her up and try to get more fluids into her, wondering if she was sleeping or if she was passed out like last time, and just in general worrying myself into a tizzy. Thankfully my mom was able to stop by with some nourishment and convinced me that this looked like a normal stomach bug. Plus, it was really reassuring to know that our new neighbor is a nurse, who already told me that I could call on her whenever I needed.

But I digress.

She woke up four hours later, told me she was hungry and that she wanted to play. And she's been fine ever since. Here's to quick recovery!

Once I knew that she was going to be fine, all that nervous energy I had bottled in me released itself into some kind of productive frenzy. I super cleaned the kitchen, attacked five loads of laundry, and super cleaned our bedroom, which was a complete disaster. So, it wasn't a completely wasted day.

I'm feeling more and more better every day (I love the second trimester!) and we are slowly starting to plan for the birth and arrival of the baby. We have a girl name picked out, have for a while now, but we remain stumped in terms of boys names. In the meantime, the girls are working really hard to keep me busy and on my toes, and I'm getting strong urges to knit and sew some cute baby things.

Today's agenda: La Leche League meeting, craft time, and more laundry. Dinner tonight will be Egyptian Lentils and Rice with some corn on the cob and a salad.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

I just stumbled across your blog the other day - love it! I also have a BA in political science (random!), and have been secretly dying to jump into the doula field, but don't even know where to begin...

Hopefully this bug gets out of your house soon and everyone is on the mend :)