Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday Cheer

This past week has been a whirlwind of holiday cheer.

We've been pretty busy shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, and attending family holiday parties. I've been really careful to make sure that the Guppy nurses as much as she normally does. I definitely want to avoid the holiday wean.

Christmas Eve is a big night in my family. We all gathered at my aunts to open our Secret Santa presents, eat a delicious meal, and play Yankee Swap. It was so nice to see everyone in the family, especially my cousin and his wife who live out of state.


Christmas Day was wonderful. The Mermaid woke up incredibly excited to see what Santa brought her. The Guppy woke up a little overwhelmed. Santa spoiled both girls this year, but the big gift for both girls was a toy kitchen, complete with all the accessories. Both the Mermaid and the Guppy have shown a lot of interest in creating things, including dishes to eat, and so far the kitchen has kept them busy for hours.

My big gift this year came from my mother, who gave me a much-needed GPS system for our van. I find that I have a horrible sense of direction, and every time I travel for either my doula work or for my other business, I get lost. I always end up calling the Knight and having him guide me over the phone to my destination. Now, I won't have to do that any longer.

The Knight made out well, too. He got lots of gift cards to his favorite store, Barnes and Noble, and some clothes, movies, and sports stuff too.

All in all, a wonderful Christmas. I hope your holiday was as wonderful as ours.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: