Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's the Little Things...

~ Yesterday we got hit with a snow/mostly ice storm. The price of oil has really hurt our budget, so thank goodness we have a wood stove. And for once, I am thankful that we have such a small living space. Our wood stove is enough to heat almost our entire house, so we are able to turn off the heat during the day while the stove is running and only use the oil heat at night after the fire dies.

~ The Mermaid used the potty twice yesterday and didn't go in her diaper at all. On one hand, I was thrilled, but on the other hand, it made me realize that she only went "pee pee" once in the entire day. I don't think that's normal. Note to self: make sure the Mermaid starts drinking plenty of water!

~ The Guppy's two teeth finally popped through and we've been getting some peace in the house :o). She's now our little happy baby again, and she's even begun to pull herself up to a standing position.

~ A dear friend of mine and I are going to collaborate to help pregnant women in our community. She does Reiki and teaches Yoga and I am a Doula, so we are working on plans to have a monthly gathering of women where they can learn some relaxation techniques through prenatal Yoga and I can show them positions ideal for encouraging a baby to turn or for labor. I'm excited!

~ We haven't started our Christmas shopping yet, or put up any decorations, but since I made a conscious decision to take it slow during December with my businesses, we're going to have plenty of time to do that in the next week. I can't wait!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: