Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mommy to this Mommy

Stephanie over at Adventures in Babywearing has challenged us to post a Mama to Mama Blogger post on our blogs. We basically have to post a picture of our mom and talk about her, then link back to her blog so we can all read. So, this is my post about the mommy to this mommy blogger!

Remember when you were little and there was always that friend in your group that had the "cool" mom? The mom that everyone wanted to hang around with because she was different from other moms? The mom that you could go talk to about stuff that you would die from embarrassment if you tried to talk to your mom about? I had that mom. My mom was definitly not a "conventional" mom. She was a cool mom. A fun mom. And she still is.

Honestly, my mom is one of the strongest people I know. She married my sperm donor at a young age and had two children very close together (my sister and I are a year and six days apart). She had absolutely no help at all from my "father" and was froced to work two jobs and take care of both us girls all on her own. Then she some how found the courage to leave him and become a single mom with two young girls. I go crazy a lot with two kids spaced well apart and with a lot of help from the Knight, so I honestly cannot fathom how she found the strength to keep going all those years, but she did and I love her for it.

My mom has a very saracastic and honest sense of humour. If you fell flat on your face on stage in front of thousands of people, she would laugh at you. Loudly. But her personality is extremely generous, so she would also take you out for ice cream afterwards and help you plot evil plans on how to get revenge on the person who invented six inch heels. She's very honest, to the point where the truth can be painful. If you ask her if you look fat in something, she'll give you an honest answer, even if it does hurt to hear, "You look like a cow, go change into something else."




My mom and I are very close, even if we do get along better when we aren't living together. I never had a problem discussing topics that were considered "taboo" with her, such as sex, drugs, etc. She wanted the best for us and would always listen to what we had to say then offer her advice. She was always there for us when we needed her but at the same time didn't baby us and expected us to learn from our mistakes.





Well, that's my mom in a nutshell. And now for some pictures:

She's the little girl on the far left, rolling her eyes and scowling


High School portrait

Holding the Mermaid the day the Mermaid was born.

So, let's hear it. What about your momma?


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wow I think you look a lot like your mom! This was a great tribute you've written. Your mom has come through so much... thanks again for playing along!

Steph