Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Till My Legs Give Out

This past weekend I ran my second 10K. It was the Devil's Chase in Salem, MA, and it was actually a little longer than 10K, 6.66 miles (get it, 666? yukka yukka).

My first 10K I ran in September, the 5th Annual Lone Gull. I was still only about halfway through the Couch to 5K program and had only run three miles at the most. It was HARD and I walked a lot of the course but I managed to finish. Boy was I sore!

After Lone Gull I finished the Couch to 5K and immediately started a 10K training program. I finished that just in time for Devil's Chase. Boy what a difference between the two races! I ran (slowly) the entire 6.66 miles and beat my Lone Gull time by 6 minutes!

Devil's Chase was a blast to run. It was freezing but once I started running I warmed up quick. I did not run in costume, but everyone else did and it was so fun to see how creative people got! Next year I will be sure to run in costume.

I'm now starting a half-marathon training program. I'm thinking of running one in February. In May, I'll be running the Run For Your Lives 5K Obstacle Course. I'm really excited, I think it's going to be a blast.

Can you tell I'm addicted to running?

Here I am, right after finishing Devil's Chase:


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: