Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 19, 2011

Bit by the Running Bug!

Yesterday I ran the 5th Annual Lone Gull 10K.

One year ago, I was almost 50lbs heavier and could not walk up the stairs without getting out of breath. If you had told me back then that in one year I would be almost 50lbs lighter and run a 10K, I would have laughed.

I think it's just hitting me now that I actually ran a 10K! Granted I did not run the entire time but I ran a good portion of it, and I finished. That was my goal, just to finish.

The course was absolutely gorgeous, it was by the ocean and the views on the beach were wonderful! I ran it with a friend, so it really was a lot of fun! My legs are so sore but it was really worth it!

I'm hooked :) I'm finishing up my training with Couch to 5K, and then will do a 10K program and then 1/2 marathon, then marathon, etc.

I can't wait for my next race!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: