Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Whoa.

Funny how time flies by.

I didn't realize it had been this long since I last updated my blog. May for some reason has been one crazy month. It's been fun. I've had lots and lots of moments when I thought to myself, "Man I really need to blog about that" and then I don't get the chance or when I actually find the time to sit down and write, I'm so exhausted I can't think.

We've been really busy with homeschooling. The Mermaid is participating in a fair tomorrow, and her project is on gardening. All of our seedlings died, but we have our two 4x4 square foot gardens up and thanks to a friend, we have some kale and other salad greens coming along nicely.
The Mermaid is progressing really fast through her school work. She finished grade 1 Math, Reading, Grammar, and writing. We've been reading a ton of books; right now we're reading Little House in the Big Woods.

The Tadpole recently had his first haircut. Originally I was going to let his hair grow long, because I think long hair on little boys are adorable! But it kept getting in his eyes and he looked more "shaggy" then adorable, so finally I took him in to get it cut. You can see how long it was before the cut in this picture:
And here he is after:
I cried when they cut it, and it took me a couple days to get used to it, but now I love it.

The Tadpole turns ONE YEAR OLD in FOUR DAYS!! His party is on Saturday. This week I had planned on taking it easy and focusing on getting ready for the party, but I was gone all day Monday with a client. She totally rocked a natural birth!! Then Tuesday I went to the Partners In Perinatal Health conference, yesterday I had a dentist appointment and then we had no power in the house so basically....I've gotten nothing done and the fair is tomorrow and the party on Saturday. *Deep Breath*

I want things to slow down. No, I need things to slow down. I am the type of person who likes being busy, but lately it's been a little too much. I haven't had a chance to knit or write or anything and I'm going slightly crazy. I miss writing here, miss getting all my thoughts and all the little moments of our lives down on "paper." Next week, my goal is to do as little as possible and just spend time cuddling with The Tadpole and playing with The Guppy and The Mermaid.

We'll see if it happens.


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Jen Niles said...

I like these little gardens you made. Were they improvised? i.e. just common sense; bolt some boards together, fill with dirt....or was there a pattern or instructions to follow. Also, what's with the grid pattern you made in each one? Are they for organization? structural strength? What's the purpose of making the structure vs. just having a patch-of-dirt garden? I ask because I'm a clueless gardener. -Jen

Shelly said...

Hi Jen,

I'm doing square foot gardening. It's much easier and takes up a lot less space then conventional gardening. There's a book at the library you can check out: Square Foot Gardening. :)