Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Holiday Ramblings

Eleven days since I last sat down to write a post in this blog.

Eleven days of not being able to find the time in the Holiday Chaos.

Eleven days, and during that time: I went on call for an early January birth; The Tadpole turned 7 months old; I took 386 pictures (386!); I baked four batches of vegan cupcakes and two batches of non-vegan cookies; I agonized over shipping estimates and ran out to my mailbox 22 times; I cleaned out the girl's room, decorated the house, and wrapped presents.

My vegan Tiramisu cupcakes

And I just managed to get through it all without getting completely overwhelmed.

And it was all worth it.

Gift-wise, this Christmas was our smallest Christmas yet. But in all other ways, it was our biggest. The kids didn't notice that there were fewer gifts under the tree. I like to think that it was because the fewer gifts you buy, the more thought you put in to each gift.


And now it's over, the whirlwind has passed, leaving only wonderful memories for my children to cherish.

Now the snow is falling outside, everyone is in bed except for me. The Tadpole has a bad cold right now and hasn't been sleeping well, and I think I finally caught it from him because my throat is starting to get sore. I'm taking elderberry syrup, and hoping it doesn't get any worse than this.

I can hear the wind beating against the glass door. The Tadpole's diapers are out on the back deck, but I am not daring enough to brave the chilly wind to go retrieve them.

I'm hoping my client doesn't call tonight. It would be nice to get one night of good sleep before the birth.




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: