Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh Baby, My Sweetheart

You can in a whirlwind, ten days overdue but intent to come out fast when you were finally ready.

You came out with your sister's eyes, a thick umbilical chord and a strong cry.

You came out into a room filled with love, just for you.
The first week was another whirlwind. I was sick with mastitis, we were having problems breastfeeding, and you were not content unless you were on my breast and in my arms. You woke up in the middle of the night and fussed for hours, and fussed also in the mornings and evenings.
I held you and gave you kisses. I whispered in your ear that I love you. I waited patiently, know that we would figure this thing out, that we would learn how to comfort one another.

Now, you are a month old. Now, you sleep peacefully at night. Now, you only have one fussy period in the morning, and I hold you and cuddle with you until you are able to settle down.
Things have slowed down. We have slowed down. Enough to sit quietly together and enjoy each other. Enough to give in to whatever we are and accept it and love each other for it. You are a baby that needs to cry, and I am a mother who is far from perfect. But it works for us.

We are mother and baby. We are nursings and hugs and kisses and coos.

We are love.

Happy one month, little one. So excited to see what the next one brings!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Erin said...

So sweet!! <3 Congratulations.