Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 13, 2009

Milk Bank: Donating Breast Milk to Save Babies

I came across this article when a friend shared it through Facebook.

This article tells the story of a woman's courageous act to help save babies by donating her breast milk.

At eight pages, it's a long article, but it is definitely worth the read. I laughed, I cried, I was inspired.

From the article:
Even when Lynn Page felt she'd lost everything, she still had something
invaluable to give. Bonnie Rochman tells the story of a mother's devotion and
the little-known network of medical miracle workers that's quietly helping the
babies who need help most.


Read the full article here.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow. All I can say is - WOW.

What an inspiring story - thank you for sharing. The Mothering Newsletter had a similar article a few months back (I want to say November?) about a woman who donated her milk after she lost her baby during childbirth. It was also a really great read.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I've also read a similar article, powerful and inspiring stuff for sure.

I donated my extra breastmilk with Sweetpea and hope to be able to do so again with this next one in the fall. I loved being able to share my extra milk with those in need.