Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 10, 2006

About Me


I'm Shelly, mom to two girls, The Mermaid (9/3/04) and The Guppy (9/6/06), and The Tadpole (5/23/10).

I started blogging when The Mermaid was about six months old, mostly as a creative outlet, as staying home with a baby meant I was out of practice from using words longer than two syllables. What started out as a simple update of my everyday life quickly turned into a passion, as I've always loved writing and blogging became a great step up from my beat up notebook journals and scribbled short stories.

Between changing diapers and cleaning crayon off the wall, I'm also a birth and postpartum doula, on the board of directors for a local non-profit organization, a freelance writer, and I am currently studying to be certified as a childbirth educator. Oh, and before the world of parenting, I also received a bachelor's degree in Politics and Government and International Studies, with a minor in German. Because that's useful as a SAHM.

I also write at:

Attachment Parenting International - contributor
MassMoms - coming soon
Associated Content - random articles that I've written

More about me:

Meet the family
50 Things About Me - coming soon



Share/Save/Bookmark