Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gardening Update.

Our garden is coming along well, or at least I think so. Since I have no previous experience with gardening at all, I don't have anything to compare it to.
We have kale, romaine, mustards, snap peas, spinach (not up yet) and carrots in one box.
Then broccoli and onions in the other. Still eight more boxes to fill; I'm going to put in bell peppers and strawberries.

Trying to plan out the garden has been a little harder than I thought. I'm trying to get three harvests out of every square foot, but I'm not sure if I am planning it right. The charts in Square Foot Gardening are helpful, I just need to find the time to sit down and plan it out.

I'm not sure if I am doing the composting right. It just doesn't look like it's doing anything.

I also have a bunch of herbs that a friend gave me that I am going to plant on a porch planter.

I really want this garden to work out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

What are you growing in your garden?

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your garden! We're moving and I hope we have time to do something similar.