Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 08, 2010

Momma Guilt

Me: I feel terrible.

The Knight: About what happened last night?

Me: Yeah. I have Mommy Guilt.

K: Don't worry about it. Just check to make sure The Guppy's tea is cool enough next time before you give it to her.

Me: But she burned her tongue..and her chin. Did you hear that cry? It was an I'm-in-pain-cry.

K: Please. She's fine. She only cried for like two minutes, and you swooped down on her with so many homeopathic creams and tablets and kisses, I doubt she felt anything really.

Me: But still.....

K: Stop beating yourself up. She's fine. And you are just going to drive yourself crazy.

Sigh.....

How do you deal with mommy guilt?

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

~rachel~ said...

This made me laugh a little (not that it happened, just that I did something similar). I had Eli (18months) in the bath and turned off the water just as he moved up to the faucet so the water was hot for a second and he cried, and I freaked out...He was fine I think it just hit him through the bath water so he didn't get the really hot stuff, but I still feel awful and last night the same thing almost happened again (guess I just need to keep the ater off!) but this time I grabbed him and screamed...I'm sure I scared him more than the hot water would have!
But I don't know how to deal with the guilt, besides just feeling awful! :)

Crafty Mama said...

I don't know how to deal with it really.....just try to move past it I guess. I'm quite often getting told not to be so hard on myself!

Momisodes said...

There is nothing worse than mommy guilt. The only thing that makes me feel better is seeing my little one's smile.

Melodie said...

My mom still clearly remembers a time when I was a toddler when I/she spilled tea on me and scalded my chest. Guilt comes and time heals it, even if we never forget.