Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wearing Them Close To My Heart.

This week is International Babywearing Week. In honor of the occasion, I'd like to share some of my favorite babywearing posts.

I started babywearing when the Mermaid was eight months old. I started out with an Ellaroo Wrap, then started using pouches, slings, and finally, a Mei Tai

I have a favorite type of sling for each age, each occasion, each hold. I generally start out wearing my babies when they are little in ring sling or pouches and wraps, then generally switch to MT's when they get older. In fact, the MT's are the carriers that I tend to reach for the most.
Babywearing has made my life so much easier. Not only is it really convenient, but to be able to hold my babies close to my heart, to be able to bend my neck and kiss the top of their soft heads, to know that they feel safe and secure in my arms, is truly a blessing.

You can check out my babywearing stash here.


What are your favorite carriers? What do you love most about babywearing?

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Upstatemamma said...

Oh man!! I love everything about babywearing. I love having my babies close to me - I love that she gets to experience the world from an adult point of view and I love that she is happy. My favorite carriers are currently the moby and the ergo - but I love ring slings too - I just cannot find mine at the moment so it is not getting much use :)

Crafty Mama said...

Babywearing is something I didn't do much of the first time around...and I want to change that this time around. I did have some sort of wrap with Will, but 1. it was not geared towards plus-size women and 2. Despite watching the video several times, I just couldn't get the hang of how to wrap him in it. So I sold it on Ebay. I also have a baby bjorn but am definitely looking for recommendations for a baby sling.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I love my mei tei too, once baby is old enough for it. I'm really enjoying my wrap with Sugar Plum, though wearing a bitty baby is new for me - Sweetpea was ~5 months before I started wearing her. One of my aunts is sending a ring sling, I can't wait to try it out!

mama k said...

I am loving my gypsymama BBS wrap right now. :)

Mei Tais were a fave with DS#1. Even DH would use it to wear him on the weekends.