Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Joy In The Rain

It's raining on a Monday morning. And I'm tired.

I was also tired last night, so I didn't clean up the kitchen before I went to bed. I guess I had forgotten just how much I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen. Especially on a rainy Monday morning.

I could go on and on with all my grumpy and negative thoughts, but I don't, because I have her.

She wakes up with a smile every morning, no matter what day of the week it is. She wakes up on a rainy, Monday morning and says "yay!", not "blah".

And with all the chaos in our lives right now, I shield my eyes and hide from the rain. But she puts on her rain jacket and literally skips out into it, revels in it, laughs in it.

Dances in it.

dancing in rain1

So from her, I learn how to dance again...even when it's raining.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Pamela Gold said...

This post is music to my ears. Sometimes we have to let go a little and live the moment through our children's eyes. Perfect. (side note: I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen too)