Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

WomenAid

In my past few posts I've mentioned a few times that my dear friend and business partner and I are starting up a new project. Well we've finally been able to take the first steps in getting this project started, so I thought I would share.

We're in the process of starting up a non-profit organization called WomenAid. WomenAid is a small group of women who have come together to raise money in order to provide short-term financial assistance to people who need it most in our community. We rely on community leaders such as school nurses, social workers, health care practitioners and clergy members to identify and validate requests. These requests remain totally anonymous. If the request is approved by the board of WomenAid, the money is paid directly to the service provider. Our goal is to make the payment within 48 hours of request. Examples of requests that we would cover include: a starter for a car of a single working mother; a month of prescriptions for a child who fell ill and isn't covered by insurance; a deposit on an apartment that a family needs in order to get out of a shelter.

Right now we are focusing on filing the proper paperwork and brainstorming for fundraising ideas.

Can I tell you, I am so incredibly excited. I feel so blessed to be able to have the time and freedom to reach out into the community in this way. I will keep you updated on our progress as we bring our dream to life.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: